Is SEO Improving Business For You?
When you first started or bought the business you’re currently operating, you likely had big dreams and ideas. You might have envisioned the day where you didn’t have to work too hard and money was rolling in left and right while others worked for you, or you were hoping to dive into something that sounded better than your previous careers and jobs. You might have even hoped to have fun along the way, which isn’t as common as it should be in the world of working for a living.
Congratulations to you if your business is making money, but stop and ask yourself, is it making enough? If you’ve tried keeping up with the modern economy, your business has a website, and you try to use it somehow to help yourself make money. Even if you don’t have products or services you can sell online, your website can draw in customers. Restaurants might start up delivery services, but even if not, they’ll post great photos, their location, hours, and menu. Other businesses might allow appointments to be scheduled or even set up newsletters someone can subscribe to. Whatever your website happens to be, it needs to be something that helps you make money.
You then get people to your website through search engine optimization, which is also known simply as SEO. Is SEO improving business for you? It should be. There are many aspects to it, and even a number of different approaches that can be used, but they should all work out effectively when implemented right. That means that your website’s domain should be rising in the rankings of related search terms, so visitors come to your site and then eventually spend their money towards your business.
SEO should be improving business for you because it is not only effective but also cost-effective. It’s not so much science that you’re guaranteed to hit the top ranking if you follow a certain checklist of actions and tasks, but concrete steps performed correctly can move you up for most keywords. Also, many of these actions do not cost a lot of money, so the return on your investment should possibly outweigh most other forms of marketing you might do, be it print or broadcasting.
If you’re putting money and resources into Search Engine Optimization for improving your business and it’s not working or not working out as well as it should, you need to find out what the problem is and then fix it. There are several broad areas where you might want to look, with five in particular:
1) A crowded field: Some keywords and search phrases have too many players for you to get ahead of the crowd. Focusing on things like local search or niche keywords can open up breathing room and even business growth, an example of a local and niche keyword would be Alexandria Virginia Seo Expert
2) The wrong Search Engine Marketing team on deck: Your internal SEO team might not be as good as you think, and if you outsource the work, you might have found someone more interested in profits than the partnership in your success.
3) Outdated methodology: Google is notorious for algorithm updates, with some minor tweaks happening daily. Older SEO methods might lose effectiveness over time, and some even backfire.
4) Bad backlinks: Your rankings can suffer from bad backlinks. Some might come from human error. You might also have some from SEO firms that were shady and ineffective or even competitors looking to sink you. These can be disavowed and even fixed.
5) Inadequate conversion rates: Ultimately, it’s up to your website to convert visitors into something actionable, if not outright revenue. You might be getting plenty of traffic, but your own website isn’t converting them at a rate that could be higher. Have experts analyze this to look for fixes.
If your SEO work or team isn’t improving business for you, look into Hiring an SEO Company in Alexandria VA that follows industry standard best practices to find out what might be wrong. Sometimes, simple fixes have a huge impact.